What will I get from Colona?
Find a similar column
- "My column does not separate well anymore and the production is waiting for the
- "My supplier has delivery problems just with this particular material", or:
- "This column fails during validation - I need quickly an alternative
column with features as similar to the existing column as possible".
So you are looking for a column similar to the existing one - the RP-Column-Finder helps you.
Also possible: Use the selectivity map to get an overview of the maximum similarity. Or find columns that differ most from each other.
Select a column
- "I was recommended this column - what "can" this column do?"
- "I am looking for a column that can separate sertain substances according to my
- "I am looking for a column that is selective for both small, polar isomers and
large, apolar aromatics".
Exactly for such cases "Your Question" was developed.
You have little time and need quick information, e.g:
- "Which columns on the market are hydrophobic and which are medium
- "And which ones are the most polar?"
- "What is the functional group on the surface of this column?"
"Quintessence" and "Brief Column Characteristics" provide answers here.
- "Which column has the largest specific surface or pore diameter" (you have an
“awkward” matrix or your main component is a large molecule)"?
Look at the physico-chemical properties of the columns in the Table (details).
- Unknown sample, little information - how do I start?"
Here you get tips for choosing column and eluent.
... and much more.
- Characteristics of Colona: Self-conducted measurements, different chromatographic
conditions, 50 different analytes, various tests, strict criteria, numerous of
- 147 columns (as of 2021, regular updates) Back